Friday, March 25, 2011

CHAPTER 1 - FIGHT NIGHT IN CHIANG MAI, THAILAND - THAEPAHE STADIUM - FUNK

FIGHT NIGHT OVERVIEW 


The fight took place in Chiang Mai, Thailand at a place call Thaephae stadium, which is a bar/stadium where farangs (foreigners) and locals come to watch and bet on Muay Thai fights. We were the feature fights on the card and there were posters all over Chiang Mai promoting the fight.

We fought for Ajahn Burklerk who was our promoter and trainer. This was a big night for Ajahn, as he had two of his fighters in the main event.

We had no idea we were the Main Fights (see picture) and did not know what time were going to be fighting. We literally showed up, changed and fought. The atmosphere was crazy but very exciting at the same time.


FIGHT NIGHT – FUNK

This was my first professional Muay Thai Fight and in Thailand to boot. I trained 6 months for this moment and it was worth every second of it, especially being able to share it with the love of my life. I had no prior fights, nor any real steady training. I used to play professional beach volleyball, so Muay Thai was just a dream. All my hard work and sacrifices finally paid off. This was one of the nest experiences in my entire life. (and I have a lot)




FUNK PRE-FIGHT

Take a look what goes on behind the scenes before a big fight. The preparation, wrapping the hands, greasing up…pretty cool





FUNK FIGHT ROUND 1

Round was a great. Lot of action for round that traditional is supposed to be extremely slow. Don’t let the size of the fighter fool you. He was very powerful and had an enormous head.




ROUND 2

This is the big knock-out round. When I say big I mean KOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!





POST FIGHT PAPARRAZI

After the fight we were literally mobbed for about an hour, taking pictures, signing autographs and meeting people from all over the world. We felt like stars.





FUNK'S POST FIGHT ANALYSIS

This is where I take you through what was happening in my mind during the fight. It’s cook to think back at what I was thinking while the fight was on.






FUNK THANKS AJAHN BURKLERK


I thank Ajahn and others for helping me prepare for this fight





FUNK THANKS TRAINING PARTNERS FOR FIGHT PREP

I think trainers and fight partners for helping me prepare for this fight.



THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED ME PREPARE FOR THIS FIGHT,  ESPECIALLY ANGELA FOR PUSHING ME, SUPPORTING ME, TEEPING ME AND BEING MY "ROCK"

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Funk, hard work pays off,and in the end you are the only one that can put that training to work in the ring.

    ReplyDelete